BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

....her own world....

Weird is the very nice description you would get;
different would definitely be a good one;
metaphoric would make it to the top ten list;
but a thorned-rose best describes this blog.

Disclaimer: (Art above is not mine)
This blog might be a bit depressing for some, emotions might be stirred, feelings affected, questions left unanswered, etc. Viewer discretion is advised.... If you don't like what you see, don't comment. Just close the tab and it won't bother you anymore. :)
Mi

10 Dec 2008

1012


There are days that hold fond memories for us. For instance, just about the whole world longs for December 25th because that is Christmas day. Or Jan 1st, which is New Years. These days are implanted in our memories, and we love the fact that they are there.
Then there are days that we have implanted in our head, though we wish they would not be there. We wish these days would disappear, as though if they do, then the things that happened would also disappear, and become a bad dream. This is something like December 10th for me.
Every other day of the year, I try to pretend that none of it happened, and that everyone is still going around at their various school, just that we've lost contact. Then on the 10th each year it hits me: The sixty angels are really gone.
I mean I still remember the morning of December 10th 2005 as though it happened the day before. I remember the last thing I ate before boarding my flight, well because my baby made me buy it for her saying that was the last meal she was eating before she went home. I still remember what I was doing when my mum told me the plane had crashed. In fact, I remember the room and the setting to a T, its almost scary.
But then I did not come here to reenact the events that occurred that day from my point of view.
It was hard making myself write this, because that meant returning to reality, which I have so effectively evaded all year. The truth is no matter how hard I try to pretend it never happened, it did. And I miss them.
I miss them everyday because they are no longer here.
I miss them every time because everyone knows it wasn't fair.
I miss them even more because no one still has told me why.
I miss them desperately because their spaces are still empty.
There are times I think "Oh, I should tell him this, he'll laugh with me", and then I remember, he is not here anymore.
We all wish it never happened, but it did.
We all wish there was someone to take the account for their life, but even if that person shows, it wont change the fact that they (Kene Abba, Kelechi Adaka, Busayo Adebolu, Leke Adewoga, Boluwarim Adeyemi, Gabriella Aikhiobare, Wole Ajilore, Obongawan Akpan, Agu Akwiwu, Owanari Amachree, Chisom Awaji, Uzoma Awaji, Vivian Baa, Toke Badru, Chinenye Chigbo, Fanye Daniel-Kalio, Helena Edet, Chineonye Egbosimba, Uzo Egwele, Udeme Ekefre, Aniefon Ekereuwem, Amanze Ekwem, Ibra Ellah, Sandra Gbemudu, Nnanna Ibiam, Nnamdi Idabor, Chuka Ilabor, Nkem Ilabor, Buso Ilabor, Silvia Iroghama, Chibuzo Kamanu, Emma Loolo, Chiweoke Mba, Ijeamaka Mba, Augustine Monago, Linda Njoku, Obioma Nkaginieme, Ubani Nkaginieme, Chidera Nnaji, Ebuka Nnebedum, Emma Ntemuse, Hadiza Nwadei, Chioma Nwigwe, Stephanie Nwoko, Chidinma Nzelu, Adachi Nzenwa, Chidinma Okafor, Zikora Okafor, Ibiso Okemini, Onyeka Okereke, Daniel Okpe, Chris Olakpe, Whitney Orbih, Mayowa Oyebode, Jachimike Tony-Okeke, Ifeanyi Ubah, Richard Udeozor, Uzo Ugochukwu, Chigoziri Ukairo and Peter Utuk), amongst others, are gone.
So on this memorable day, as we do always, I say, R.I.P my angels, we miss you and you are still in our hearts.

I pray, the day will come when the blood of those innocent kids would not have been a waste. I pray the day will come when that country and its many problems that caused that plane crash would be cured
And finally, I do pray that the day will come when some peace would be in our hearts at last.

I guess I am rambling as usual huh?
1012, a day with a significance, one never again to be forgotten...
...Remember me when I am gone away.Gone far away into the silent land;When you can no more hold me by the hand.Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.Remember me when no more day by day You tell me of our future that you planned:Only remember me: you understand It will be late to counsel then or pray.Yet if you should forget me for a while And afterwards remember, do not grieve: For if the darkness and corruption leave A vestige of the thoughts that once I had. Better by far you should forget and smile Than you should remember and be sad...
~ Christina Rossetti

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better now. I was at a school in port Harcourt and chisom awaji's brother was my bunkmate. I remember that day, at about 7 pm he told me he heard a plane crashed and that he was pretty sure his brother and sister were in it. I was shocked cause i had seen chisom in september. I can't believe it's been like 4 years already. I wish their families well, and you too

Mi said...

Thanks whoever this is :)
I do remember and feel sad from time to time, but yes I am all better mostly. lol.
Mi