BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

....her own world....

Weird is the very nice description you would get;
different would definitely be a good one;
metaphoric would make it to the top ten list;
but a thorned-rose best describes this blog.

Disclaimer: (Art above is not mine)
This blog might be a bit depressing for some, emotions might be stirred, feelings affected, questions left unanswered, etc. Viewer discretion is advised.... If you don't like what you see, don't comment. Just close the tab and it won't bother you anymore. :)
Mi

3 Jan 2017

Happy Birthday Mi!!

27 at last....
It's my birthday today, yeaaa!!!!

Funny, this year, more than ever, I miss family and childhood friends.
I realised this a few months back, sitting at brunch with friends here. Someone else in the group had a birthday in January too, and there was a lot of discussion and suggestions for what to do for the birthday. No mention of mine.
To be honest, it didn't hurt then as much as it hurts now. Mainly, because in the last 72hrs, I've had a number of people ask mi 'what do you plan to do for your birthday.'
Odd.
For the first time in my life, I am faced with that dilemma. And now, even more, I miss those who know mi best.

But it's my birthday so nope, I can't be sad :)

I am grateful.

Grateful for the life I've had the privilege of living till now. Grateful for the opportunities and blessing that have been bestowed upon mi. Grateful for good health, shelter, food, an appetite, working body parts, parents, siblings, friends....truly grateful.

I don't know what the rest of the day will look like, but I am at least grateful I don't have to work today and can continue my annual tradition of having my birthday as a public-private holiday. I love winter because my two favourite holidays - Christmas and Jan 3rd - fall in the season.

Here is to a wonderful and spectacular new year, filled with lots of heavenly surprises, laughter and happiness!!

Here is to mi at 27!!

Happy birthday Mi!!!!

xoxo

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you and miss you comme pas possible!
I really look forward to spending some quality time with you asap.
Je t'aime ma belle!